ASCE Manual of Practice No. 115
Prepared by the Pipe Ramming Task Force of the Trenchless Installation of Pipelines (TIPS) Committee of the Utility Engineering and Surveying Institute of ASCE
Pipe Ramming, Second edition, MOP 115, describes current pipe ramming practices in design and construction of pipelines under roads, railroads, streets, and other constructed and natural structures and obstacles.
Topics in this completely updated manual of practice include
- Overall pipe ramming process including culvert replacements, pipe crushing, slickbores, pipe extraction, and assists with horizontal directional drilling projects;
- Equipment selection and use; pipe diameter, grade, depth and route;
- Portals and shafts;
- Detailed site investigations;
- Regulations and land use;
- Cost considerations and environmental impacts;
- Geotechnical assessment in site investigations;
- Design process, hazard identifications, and site layout;
- Construction, job site, traffic control, and safety;
- Inspections and monitoring; and a
- List of pipe ramming case histories.
Providing both introductory and advanced information on pipe ramming methods, MOP 115 will be valuable to practicing engineers, utility owners, contractors, and other related professionals.
- 9780784415603, 9780784483022
- Number of Pages:
- File Size:
- 1 file , 4.7 MB